Even though celebrations for Merging Technologies 30th Anniversary have been muted by Covid-19, nothing could stop major enhancements to all three of the company’s software platforms. Pyramix is celebrating its 25th Anniversary but Ovation has not been overshadowed. The release of Ovation 9 brings a number of highly significant changes that make this product more accessible and dramatically improves the immersive audio options for live events.
While Ovation natively offers a powerful spatial audio rendering engine, Ovation is now able to seamlessly connect to Flux Spat Revolution (audio + custom mapped OSC metadata by Merging and Flux) or a Dolby Atmos Renderer (audio + Dolby Atmos metadata). Spatial audio engines typically work by sending separate elements to a processor (the renderer) that will “render” all elements into a custom speaker set. This has the benefit of giving full freedom to the show designer to work with any mixture of:
- Objects (Audio + Metadata)
- Bus based audio (stereo, 5.1, 7.1, 22.2, etc…)
- Scene based audio (Ambisonic, for example)
OSC stands for Open Sound Control and is literally this! This protocol brings the advantage of being simple to read and customize. It doesn’t limit control of a certain set of parameters. Therefore, more and more manufacturers are adopting this standard to allow their devices to be controlled by others or to control other devices. As the ultimate show sequencer, Ovation 9 is capable of generating and receiving OSC commands from anywhere.
The Dolby Atmos integration is also on Pyramix (supplied with Ovation) for the production of immersive music but it is available to Ovation users should they wish to create a live show in this format. This allows for:
- Direct connection with HE-RMU to transfer audio and metadata with the Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite.
- Fully compatible with the Dolby Atmos Production Suite renderer
- Extremely flexible mixing options. Bed and Objects can be optimized in Pyramix to manage different speaker set configurations
In a move to make the software packs simpler to understand and more cost effective, Ovation is available in three distinct software packs which can run in native mode or on our MERGING+MASSCORE audio engine. Aimed at a variety of different applications and budgets, explore below to find out which Ovation pack is right for your next project.
- Instant and user-friendly audio cues playback
- Live Cue recording
- On the fly editing
- Support for multichannel busses (5.1, 7.1, 22.2, etc…), Ambisonic and objects audio
- Merging Technologies spatial audio renderer
- MIDI send/receive
- Ovation redundancyOVATION PRO
Packaged for applications where show control, automation and integration with other devices is necessary, Ovation Pro delivers all the necessary tools necessary to run the show, whether being controlled by external devices or running the show itself or a mix of both.
It is the ideal tool for professional show designers and broadcasters.
- All the Ovation Elements pack options
- Mixer Automation
- OSC send/receive
- OSC Automation
- Support for all other control protocols (LTC, MTC, TCP/IP, COM, RS-422, MSC,
- Script/Batch files)
- Support for HUI Controllers
- Webserver with beautiful customizable GUI allowing Ovation to be controlled from any tablet/smartphone/laptop
The ultimate Ovation pack, Ovation PREMIUM features our whole knowledge and experience in delivering astonishing performances. Run it on our MERGING+MASSCORE audio engine and enjoy the most powerful, reliable and compact solution on the market.
Supporting the boom of immersive shows and the adoption of new spatial rendering engines, Ovation PREMIUM allows to on the fly record, edit and playback audio cues through a Flux SPAT or Dolby Atmos renderer.
- All the ELEMENTS and PRO packs options
- Dolby Atmos and Flux
- Support of Eucon and OASIS controllers
- Dataton WATCHOUT and Ross Video integration
- Multi sequencer synchronization
- Track count up to 384 I/O (with MERGING+MASSCORE engine only)
- Designed for extended audio interactivity requirements in AV systems design. For use when a standard mixing console would be otherwise considered necessary for the system design. Cruise ships, theme parks, large theatre environments, broadcast.