AVnu Alliance Unveils Certification Logo
31 July 2012
AVnu Alliance, an industry forum dedicated to bringing AVnu-certified Audio Video Bridging (AVB) products to the market, has unveiled the certification mark for devices that have passed AVnu Alliance interoperability testing to become an AVnu-certified AVB product.
This certification process helps assure that once a product is certified, it will interoperate with other AVnu-certified AVB devices.
To facilitate certifying AVB devices for interoperability, AVnu Alliance will provide its more than 40 members with a rich set of tools to test AVB devices and troubleshoot problems before entering the formal testing procedures. Software scripts are offered to these manufacturers to help accelerate their development of AVB products in preparation of final interoperability testing. AVnu Alliance regularly hosts plugfests where products are tested in a collaborative multi-vendor environment.
“AVnu-certified AVB devices offer manufacturers and their customers numerous practical advantages over legacy and proprietary solutions in streaming A/V content,” said Lee Minich, marketing chair for AVnu Alliance.” Only AVB products bearing the AVnu certification mark give end-users the confidence that a device passed robust compliance and interoperability testing in a multi-vendor environment.”
Earlier this year, the AVnu Alliance named the University of New Hampshire Interoperability Laboratory (UNH-IOL) as the official test house. Testing of AVB-enabled bridges is planned to begin in August 2012. For professional audio endpoint products, the testing process is planned to begin in Q1 of 2013.
- MIDAS / Klark Teknik Appoints New Distributor for India
- GLP Becomes Sustaining Member of USITT
- Matt Hallard Joins Martin Professional as New Business Area Manager
- DPA Microphones Opens A New Office In Hong Kong
- Penn Elcom Continues Expansion with Acquisition of Flightware BV
- Mario Bentley Appointed New Sales Manager ProSound
- Source Distribution Expands Sales Team
- Sennheiser UK Announces 2013 Road Show Programme
- Managing Director Simon Hobday to Leave Artistic Licence